There are a number of applications where you can install multiple NEXUS-NERO gateways. You may wish to install one bridge in the main house and one in the guest house, or divide the main house in two to ensure devices are within range.
NOTE: There is no limit to the quantity of NEXUS-NERO gateways that you can have in a house, as long as they are all connected to the same LAN (i.e. Ethernet/WiFi network) multiple NEXUS-NERO can be merged so they act as one interface using the Master-Slave principle.
When setting up 2 NEXUS-NERO gateways, please follow the below guidelines:
- In essence, you will be setting them us as two independent networks to begin with.
- It is not recommended that you set up both at the same time - some devices may send the pairing signal to the incorrect bridge.
- You will need to have a rough idea of which devices will be paired to which gateway.
NOTE: When devices sync from the slave gateway(s) to the master gateway, the scene and room information will not sync. Remember to create these on the master bridge after syncing!
Here are the steps as to how the process is best carried out:
- Install NEXUS-NERO 1.
- Pair necessary devices to NEXUS-NERO 1.
- Install NEXUS-NERO 2.
- Pair necessary devices to NEXUS-NERO 2.
- Add NEXUS-NERO 2 to NEXUS-NERO 1 by following the below steps.
- Once the devices have synchronized to the master bridge (this may take a few minutes) create rooms and assign devices to them. This only needs to be done on the master NERO.
- Create your scenes on the master NERO.
- Backup the Z-wave network and the configuration to your machine.
The steps below should be carried out on the NEXUS-NERO 1 which has been chosen as the master NEXUS-NERO. You should choose the NEXUS-NERO with the greatest quantity of devices as the master.
STEP 1: Adding a new device
Select DEVICES, then ADD DEVICES
Select UPnP devices
Click SCAN FOR UPnP devices --> Next
The below screen will appear, please wait for 15 minutes for uPnP network scan to complete. Once 15 minutes has passed, click next.
If the scan performed successfully and the slave NEXUS-NERO is on the same network with the master NEXUS-NERO, you should see the slave NEXUS-NERO listed in the next screen. Format: MIOS_serial number
Click Add button next to the identified slave NEXUS_NERO.
WAIT for the bridges to synchronise (allow a few minutes at least).
Create rooms and scenes on the master bridge to categorise everything neatly.