The geofence feature requires that My Nero have location rights on your mobile device. Ensure this is available in your phone settings if you experience issues.
Geofences are a feature of the Nero system that allow you to trigger scenes, devices, or certain functions based on the geographical areas that your mobile devices enters or exits. You can also use geofences to change house modes automatically.
Creating the geofence
Geofences are stored on the devices so you will need to create this on each device you plan to use to trigger events on your gateway.
Ensure that each device using geofences is logged in with its own account. Do not share accounts between devices with different geofences or between devices with and without location enabled or you are likely to experience issues with the gateway not triggering correctly.
- Open My Nero on your mobile device.
- Open the menu then select Settings -> Geofences.
- Tap the plus icon to create a new geofence and the map view will load.
- To create a geofence at your current location tap the locator triangle in the top bar of the window. It will get your current coordinates and open the configuration screen.
- If you want to create a location somewhere else pan the map around with your finger and then long press in the location you want the geofence to be. The app will get the coordinates of the pressed location and open the configuration screen.
- Configure your geofence
- Set a name or accept the autogenerated address
- Set the radius you want to use. This radius is where the "fence" will be is the approximately location that will trigger the desired event on the gateway. There are two triggers - one for entering and one for exiting the area.
- You can configure a radius colour for your geofence which will make it easier to identify if you have multiple configured. This is the colour used on the map view.
- Notify will send you a push notification each time the geofence is triggered. This is very helpful when troubleshooting to ensure that the location event is firing from the device.
- This is my home is used to automatically change the House Mode of your gateway. Only one geofence can be configured as your home location. This should be the same (or very similar) location on all devices with a home geofence configured.
- Tap save and your Geofence will be created, stored, and become available as a scene trigger within your system.