If you are experiencing issues with your Z-Wave network you can reset the Z-Wave network to factory default and then restore the Z-Wave network from a backup file.
If you do not have any file backup you will need to re-pair all the devices to the gateway.
NOTE: Before resetting the Z-Wave network, please make sure that there is a backup of the system that you can restore from. To verify, please go to Settings -> Backup, you should see a list of available backups here. Please download the relevant backup for safe keeping.
1. Go to Settings
2. Selec Z-Wave Settings
3. Click on the Advanced tab
4. Select Go beside Reset Z-Wave network
5. You will see a window stating "Resetting Z-Wave network is IRREVERSIBLE. You mist pair all your Z-Wave devices after doing this. Click OK to proceed". Click OK
6. You will see a message "Success - Command Sent" Message, Click OK
If you only want to reset the NERO to factory default please continue to this step to wipe the gateway settings, otherwise, if you wish to restore from a backup continue to step 7.
7. Click on Settings, then Backup.
8. From the list locate a date when there were no issue with the Z-Wave Network
9. Ensure the Restore Z-Wave Network is checked
10 Click Restore
11. Confirm by clicking Ok
12. You will see a Success window, Click OK
13. Please wait as the backup downloads and is restored on the gateway. The gateway will also reboot
14. Once the power light is solid on the gateway you will be required to reload the browser. Press Ctrl+F5 to force your browser to reload. If you use multiple browsers, you MUST do a browser reload (press Ctrl+F5) on each one, or the UI will not work properly. If you are on a Mac, press Command+Shift+R to force your browser to reload