The Paradox Evo 192 is a security product and requires a valid security license for your state to install and configure.
When troubleshooting a Paradox integration, ensure that both sides are working correctly independently before proceeding. For example, make sure that you can arm and disarm the panel from the keypad, don't get trouble messages, and that NERO can control from the UI and apps correctly.
Troubleshooting the integration
If you cannot get the Paradox to operate from the NERO interface, please follow the below troubleshooting guide:
1. Ensure the Alarm has been installed and is operating as a stand-alone system
2. Ensure the cable from the NERO controller to the Paradox is firmly connected
4. Ensure that the plugin which allows communications has been installed. This can be done by going to APPS -> MY APPS, Ensure that Paradox Evo Alarm Panel Plugin is installed
If not, select Install Apps and search for Paradox EVO Alarm Panel Plugin, click Install
5. If there is "NOT AVAILABLE" message in the serial port configuration, the NERO controller is not detecting a serial device plugged into the USB port. Please ensure that the cable is well seated in both connections and reload the engine. If this causes no change, test with another cable. We recommend using a USB A -> B cable rather than a USB to serial cable.
6. Ensure the serial port is configured correctly.
Go to APPS , then DEVELOP APPS, select SERIAL PORT CONFIGURATION
Ensure the following items are set:
Baud to 57600
Used by device is Paradox Security Evo
7. If you are seeing the error "Remote arm is disabled" in the blue bar at the top of the page, ensure remote arm is set to disarm and test again. You may need to reload the engine after changing this.
Troubleshooting the hardware
If you have confirmed that all settings are correct on both the Paradox and the NERO controller you may have a hardware fault that needs to be investigated. We recommend testing hardware in the following order, effectively from simplest test to most involved test.
- Try a new cable from the PRT3 to the NERO. We recommend using a USB A -> B cable rather than a USB to serial cable.
- Grab a new or reset NEXUS-NERO and connect it to the panel in place of your configured one. Try integrating the alarm in the normal manner and check if the same errors occur. There is no need to restore backups to this gateway, you simply want to check if a new gateway is capable of communicating with the panel or not.
- Perform a factory reset of the Paradox and reconfigure it. This can be done by pressing and holding the AUX and BUS buttons on the panel for 4 seconds, from Babyware, or by entering section 4049 in Installer Mode and then 4040.
- Swap the PRT3 integration module out for a new unit. Remember to rescan the bus (Installer option 4006 from any keypad) before trying to integrate the Paradox and NERO again. This may take several minutes.