Sonos is a community developed plugin. Limited support is available from Environexus.
Sonos is a popular multi-room audio solution used in many smart homes. To get the best performance out of it we recommend you first configure Sonos for automation before you add it to your Nero system. This will ensure that you speakers don't change location on your network over time, resulting is a more stable connection.
Install the plugin
- In your gateway web interface, navigate to Devices then Add Device.
- Select the Sonos plugin from the list and follow the prompts to install it. This may take up to a few minutes to complete. Ensure you wait until the success message is displayed before navigating away from this page.
- Click Finish to return to the Devices page. A device will have been created for your Sonos speaker for you to configure. If no plugin appears refresh your browser window.
Configure the plugin
Now that you have installed the plugin you need to configure it to know how to access your speaker. If you have multiple speakers you can add each of them to the system by creating additional instances of the plugin.
- Go to the Device Page by clicking the green arrow. You can assign it to a room and assign it a memorable name from there.
- Select Advanced to configure the device.
- Find the parameter called 'ip'. Click in the field and enter the IP address of your Sonos speaker.
- Next, find the parameter 'mac'. Click in the field and enter the MAC address of your Sonos, remembering to enter colons between the pairs, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click Back and then Back again to return to the Devices page.
If the device display doesn't automatically update after a minute or two you can force a refresh by reloading the Nero engine.
Be careful when reloading the engine not to click any other functions! It is possible to wipe your entire Nero installation from this page!
- Go to Settings and then Z-Wave Settings.
- Click Go next to Reload Engine (second last option). DO NOT select Reset Z-Wave network or Reset Z-Wave chip!
- Allow the gateway up to 2 minutes to reload the engine. You should now see the device display properly updated to show what is currently playing on your Sonos speaker.