Sonos is a community developed plugin. Limited support is available from Environexus.
The Sonos plugin was significantly updated in early 2020. Installations prior to this time will need to have their speakers removed and the plugin reconfigured following the steps below to work with the new Sonos API.
Sonos is a popular multi-room audio solution used in many smart homes. To get the best performance out of it we recommend you first configure Sonos for automation before you add it to your Nero system. This will ensure that you speakers don't change location on your network over time, resulting is a more stable connection.
Install the plugin
- In your gateway web interface, navigate to Devices then Add Device.
- Select the Sonos plugin from the list and follow the prompts to install it. This may take up to a few minutes to complete. Ensure you wait until the success message is displayed before navigating away from this page.
- Click Finish to return to the Devices page. A device will have been created for your Sonos speaker for you to configure. If no plugin appears, or the icon isn't shown, refresh your browser window.
Configure the plugin
You no longer need to create multiple instances of the plugin to control m multiple speakers. If you have previously created multiple instances you will need to delete them and follow the setup steps below.
- Go to the Device Page by clicking the green arrow. You can assign it to a room and assign it a memorable name from there. We often assign the core control device for these types of plugins to a room called __System that will always appear at the end of the device page.
- Click on Settings in the top tabs and then on Start Discovery to find the speakers on your network.
If the discovery fails, install the discovery patch and then try again. Most speakers should be discovered without it but this varies significantly across networks.
- Once discovery has finished return to the device page and you should see your Sonos speakers with new devices created for each one. You can control each speaker individually from the device page for each one.