Nero can notify you when things happen on your system, such as sensors triggering or any custom event that you create for a device or scene.
There are 3 types of notifications your gateway can send you
- SMS (limited to 2 per day)
- Push notification
Push Notifications are the most flexible and are unlimited. You will require a mobile device with My Nero installed and logged in to your My Nero account to receive these.
Configure what types of notifications you wish to receive
Every user can modify what type of notifications they wish to receive, disabling the ones they aren't interested in. This is a per-user configuration so will need to be repeated for each user on your Nero system.
- Go to User Account & Info and then User Info. Enter correct details and choose the type of notification you wish to receive. If you don't configure a mobile number you will not receive SMS notifications.
- Click Save Changes.
Configure devices to send notifications
Most devices connected to your Nero controller can be configured to send notifications when certain things happen, such as turning on or off, or energy usage exceeding a specific level. Devices that support sending notifications will show a Notification menu when you load the device page.
- Go to Devices and click the green button next to the device name to enter the device page.
- Click Notifications and then select the type of notification trigger you want to use from the drop-down menu. Fill out the rest of the fields as required for your notification type.
- The notification name you set is what you will see if your email, SMS, or Push Notification.
- Click Add to save the notification. You can create multiple notifications for a single device.
Other ways to send notifications
You can also configure scenes to send notifications when they start running. Refer to the scene documentation to configure this.