IMPORTANT: A licensed NEXUS Certified Electrician with knowledge and understanding of electrical systems and electrical safety should complete the electrical installation.
STEP 1: TURN OFF ELECTRICITY
The electricity to the circuit must be shut off during installation for safety and to ensure that wires are not short-circuited which will cause damage to the NEXUS-RELAY.
STEP 2: REMOVE THE EXISTING SWITCH
- Remove the switch faceplate
- Remove the two mounting screws
- Disconnect both live and neutral from the back of the switch.
STEP 3: PREPARE THE WIRES
The NEXUS-RELAY must be powered in order to operate. Please refer to below Wiring Diagram for connection.
Cut the wires if necesary:
NOTE: 3V Out Terminal should not be used for any output
STEP 4: WIRE THE NEXUS-RELAY
The wiring diagram is as follows:
1. Line Active (red wire), connect to live terminal of NEXUS-RELAY
2. Neutral (black wire), connect to Neutral Terminal of NEXUS-RELAY
NOTE: If no neutral is present at switch, one must be installed.
3. Load wire, connect to load terminal of NEXUS-RELAY
4. Connect existing wall switch to NEXUS-RELAY, with twin active cable.
STEP 5: RE-INSTALL SWITCH
Before re-insalling the switch please make sure you have changed the state of the device based on the switch mech being used.
The state can be changed by pressing and holding the sync button on the back of the device.
1. Carefully position NEXUS-RELAY inside wall cavity/at the first downlight
2. Ensure the antenna is facing away from other cables
3. Re-install switch and faceplate.
STEP 6: RESTORE POWER
Restore power at the circuit breaker or fuse.
You must restore power to begin the Network Connection with your NEXUS-BRIDGE