STEP 1: COMPONENTS & TOOLS
1.1 Included in the box:
- Installation & Programming Guide
- Outside Escutcheon
- 4 AA Alkaline Batteries
- Inside Escutcheon
- Inside Mounting Plate
- Battery Cover
- Strike Plate
- Screw Pack
- Plastic Gaskets
- Rubber Gaskets
- Environexus Network Module
1.2 Parts Illustration:
1.3 Tools Needed:
- 54mm hole saw
- 25.4mm spade bit
- 2.5mm drill bit
- Chisel & hammer
- 2 Phillips screwdriver
STEP 2: PREPARE LOCK FOR INSTALLATION
2.1 Unpack the Lock
The lock is packed representative of how it will install on the door.
Before installing the lock on the door:
A. Inside escutcheon
1. Loosen the screw (Phillips #2) holding the battery cover. (The screw remains attached to battery cover)
2. Slide the battery cover up and out (note the two tabs at bottom of battery cover).
3. Remove the inside mounting plate (with gasket) from the back (door side) of the inside escutcheon.
A. Ensure that gasket on both Outside Escutcheon and Inside Mounting Plate (Figure 3A) is properly fitted. Use either Rubber gaskets for doors 37-50mm thick or Plastic gaskets for doors 32mm-36mm thick.
NOTE: Bolt ships with backset in 60mm position. If required, press small black button on underside of bolt and pull to extend to 70mm backset position (Fig. 3B).
C. The outside escutcheon (with gasket remains assembled).
STEP 3: INSTALL LOCK
1. Install bolt in door.
NOTE: The bolt must be in a retracted (unlocked) position when installing the lockset
Attach with (2) M4 x 25.4mm screws supplied.
2. Install strike on the door frame, making sure to allow for the bolt to be centred in the strike.
3. Install outside escutcheon.
As you position the outside escutcheon, route the cable through 54mm diameter hole (Figure 3A).
NOTE: Cable goes under bolt (see Fig. 3B).
4. Holding the outside escutcheon flush to the door, positioning the inside mounting plate by first routing the cable and connector through the mounting plate’s 1/2” hole, then inserting the mounting plate “tongue” into the bottom slot of the outside escutcheon.
5. Secure both assemblies using (2) M6 x 54mm pan head machine screws, making sure that outside escutcheon is vertically aligned. Hand-tighten until snug. Do not over-tighten
CAUTION: Use care when assembling to ensure that the cable lies against the back recessed area of the inside escutcheon (Fig. 6A). Position and bend cable, using the harness clips as shown in Fig. 6A to prevent binding when installing the escutcheon over the mounting plate.
6. Attach cable assembly to the inside escutcheon PC board by lining up notches on top of cable connector to slots on PCB connector (Fig. 6B).
NOTE: Connector should be pressed in firmly using thumbs until completely seated.
Proper position is indicated by arrows on PCB as in Fig. 6A & 6B.
7. Install inside escutcheon on inside mounting plate. Note the horizontal orientation of the tail - piece as you insert the inside escutcheon (the thumbturn should be vertical).
8. Install and secure using (3) M4 x 8mm pan head screws through the inside escutcheon into the mounting plate (Fig. 8).
IMPORTANT: Before installing the batteries, test the mechanical operation of the lock by using both thumbturn and the key. The movement of the bolt should be smooth and unobstructed. If operation is not smooth, review the previous steps to ensure proper installation.
NOTE: The bolt must be in a retracted (unlocked) position prior to installing the batteries.
9. Insert four (4) AA alkaline batteries. The lock will flash, beep several times and respond with a vocal prompt.
When activating the lock for the first time, the lock will adjust for proper handing.