RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK! In-wall and other high voltage devices should only be installed by a qualified electrician and with appropriate precautions taken to ensure that power is not present during installation.
Before you can configure anything you will first need to install your fixed Nero devices. It is not required that the same person who installs them also configure them, allowing for a qualified electrician to perform the installation and then a commissioning tech to pair and configure it.
Refer to the directions for the specific device for wiring diagrams.
Helpful installation articles
- Installing devices in the ceiling (no neutral at the switch)
- Installation of multiple devices in a single junction box
- Wiring the LED indicators on some switches with Nero
- Installing a multi way switch
Important installation notes
- Always use a momentary bell press mech for dimmers and blind modules.
- Where dimmers are being used with LED loads ensure you are not exceeding the rated maximum.
- For regions where ripple control is in use in the power grid always install a circuit level ripple filter. This will protect your devices from the frequencies sent down the line by the power operator. Not installing a filter may impact your device warranty.
If you are having trouble with any installation steps refer to our detailed troubleshooting guide for the recommended steps to follow.