Creating a sensor light is a common desire in the automated home. While it is possible to create these using a scene the timer structure can often cause the light to turn off at unexpected times. The solution is to use a plugin from the app store called DelayLight.
Installing the plugin
- Go to Apps then Install Apps and after the list has loaded search for DelayLight.
- Click on Details and then Install and accept the dialogue. The app takes about 2 minutes to install. Don't leave this page until the dialogue lets you know it is safe to do so and the Exit button has appeared.
- You will not see the app in your My Apps list and a device on the Devices page called DelayLight Controller.
Create a sensor light
Now that the plugin is installed you can create your sensor lights. You can create as many sensor lights as you want by following the steps each time.
You will need to know the device ID for the trigger and action devices. You can get this from the Advanced tab for each device in the title at the top of the page.
- Go to the device page for the DelayLight Controller device and then click on Add Timer. This will create a new entry in the device list after a few moments. You may need to refresh the page to see it, particularly if you are configuring this remotely.
- Go to the device page for the new timer device and select Settings in the grey bar at the top of the page. This is the page where you can configure the trigger, action, and timers. Configure your sensor light.
- Click Control in the top grey bar and then click Save Changes to save your sensor light.