Prepare your gateway
Before you can use your Nero you will need to power it up and allow it to perform its first boot tasks, such as ensuring it is on the latest firmware.
- Plug the gateway into your home network using the provided network cable.
- Plug the provider power adapter into the barrel jack and allow the gateway to boot.
The order of connection of cables is important, ensure you always connect the Ethernet cable before connecting power
The initial power up phase can take up to 20 minutes. You will know you are ready to proceed once all 5 LEDs are solid.
Create your My Nero account
Creating a My Nero account allows you to remotely access your Nero controller via the web interface or the My Nero apps as well as access to remote services by Environexus and third parties.
Your gateway can be configured without being linked to a My Nero account. This is particularly useful when you are configuring a system with no internet available.
- Go to https://mynero.environexus.com.au/ and select I have a new controller to setup!
- Ensure that all the LEDs are solid on the gateway and then click Continue.
- Confirm that the serial number shown matches the ones on the bottom of your Nero gateway and then click either Create an account or login to your existing account.
- Follow the prompts to create your account. Your username will be used for signing into the Nero apps and for some third party integrations so note it down somewhere safe.
- The gateway will begin assigning to your account. This process may take up to a few minutes. Once the assignment is complete you will be automatically redirected to your gateways web interface.
Complete the gateway setup wizard
The first time you connect to the gateway, whether directly to the IP address of the unit to via the My Nero interface, you will be presented with a setup wizard. This wizard will ensure that basic details for your gateway are set correctly and we highly recommend completing it.
- Click Next to begin the setup process.
- Enter the location information for your Nero gateway. This is important to set correctly as it will impact the gateways ability to perform certain actions, such as triggers for sunrise and sunset, correctly. Click Next to continue.
- You will be sent an email that contains a code. Enter the code and then click Validate. Once your email is validated click Next to continue. This step ensures that you are able to receive email notifications from your gateway and to get emails if you ever need to reset your password.
- Finally, enter a name for the gateway. This is particularly important if you have multiple gateways as it will help you identify then easily when connecting remotely. Click Next to continue.
You will not be prompted to pair a new device. If you have no devices to pair or don't want to pair any right now you can navigate to away from the wizard by clicking on any of the menu options down the left hand side of the interface.