House Modes allow you to quickly and easily automate multiple functions into one simple button press. For example, when you are Away, your Nero controller will automatically lock your door, close the blinds, and turn off the lights. Switch any of the sliders to from default to custom and start customising your house mode actions. You can alternate between modes using the My Nero app or the House Modes plugin available from the community app store.
- Home is when you’re home and awake
- Away is when you’re at work or out
- Night is when you're home and heading to bed or asleep
- Vacation is when you're away for an extended period
Configure My Preset Modes
- To configure your present select Dashboard, then the arrow beside My Modes.
- Under the Mode the you wish to customize, move the slider from default to custom.
- Chose the sensors to arm – select the state (armed/disarmed) of each sensor for the selected mode. When a sensor is armed, it will send you a notification when it triggers to the selected users in the who should be notified section.
- If you have cameras connected to your Nero system you can select which should record footage when a sensor trips.
- Who should be notified? – Select yes for the users to be notified when the sensors are tripped. You can also add new users by selecting add user.
- What to do when this mode is selected? – Here you can change the status of each device that is connected to the system for the specified mode.
- How much time to wait before changing mode? – Here you can set some delays between home modes changing. This is useful for allowing you enough time to change the house mode and leave before things begin triggering.
- Wait X seconds before changing from home to any other mode
- Wait X seconds before reporting a motion, window tripped
- Geofencing - If you have set up geofences in your My Nero app (how to: iOS / Android) you can have your Nero gateway change house mode automatically based on the following options:
- Set house mode to HOME when at least one user is at home
- Set house mode to AWAY when nobody is at home
When using geofences with My Nero we recommend that each device have its own login for your gateway to prevent problems detecting when all users are home or away. If you have static devices in your home, such as a tablet, this should also have its own account with no geofence configured.
Location access must be enabled on your phone for the My Nero app to access anytime or this feature will not work.