Once all of your devices are installed you can begin airing them with your gateway and building out your Z-Wave mesh.
Remember to charge devices with built in batteries fully before attempting to pair them
Devices must be managed from the web interface of your Nero gateway, you can not manage them from the My Nero end user app.
- Go to Devices and then Add Device.
- Select your device from the list by searching for it or selecting it in the category.
Already familiar with the pairing steps for your device? Click Other NEXUS Devices to bypass the device wizard and skip straight to the pairing wizard.
- Follow the wizard to pair your device to the gateway.
Remember to always pair battery operated devices within 1 metre of the gateway. This is especially important with devices like locks and reed sensors. Move them to their final location once pairing is complete.
Tips for building your network
As your pair more devices to your Z-Wave network the mesh will extend and improve. To ensure the mesh builds in the most sensible and reliable manner always start with the devices closest to the gateway and then work your way our in a spiral to the edges.
Pair all your fixed power devices before adding in battery powered devices. This will provide you greater reliability over the course of the installation.
Before moving on to the next device we recommend testing:
- That you can control the device from the Nero interface reliably
- That controlling the device locally (e.g., the wall switch) reports correctly in the UI
- That you set any parameters you need for this device before moving on
This extra minute or so per device will save hours and frustration down the track. When small errors are introduced to the network during pairing because a device hasn't fully configured they compound over time and become worse.