This NERO-DRY provides voltage-free switching of a connected device (e.g. garage doors and door strikes). The module can be controlled either through a NEXUS-NERO Communications Gateway or through a wall switch.
The NERO-DRY module supports connection of a digital temperature sensor.
It is designed to act as repeater in order to improve range and stability of Z-Wave Network.
- Before the installation, disconnect the power supply
- Connect the module according to electrical diagram
- Locate the antenna as far as possible from metal elements
- Do not shorten the antenna
Module supports momentary switches (push button) and toggle switches. The module is factory set to operate with toggle switches.
Protection when used with a Different Load Power Supply (DLPS)
The internal relay connected to the OUT and IN terminals of the NERO-DRY is electrically isolated from the rest of the device. Therefore, when using it as a dry contact, the protection must be placed on the load side as illustrated in the wiring diagram. It must be protected by an over current protection fuse not rated any higher than 10A.
Danger of electrocution!
- Module installation requires a great degree of skill and may be performed only by a qualified and licensed electrician.
- Even when the module is turned off, voltage may be present on its terminals. Any works on configuration changes related to connection mode or load must always be performed with a disconnected power supply.
Do not connect the module to loads exceeding recommended values. Connect the module only in accordance to the below diagram. Improper connections may be dangerous.
2. Wiring Diagrams
Electrical diagram 24-30VDC
OUT Output for electrical device
IN Input for electrical device power supply
I2 Optional switch input
I1 Input for switch/push button
TS Terminal for digital temperature sensor
NERO-DRY Maximum Ratings 24-30VDC
Output current (resistive load) 10A
Output power (resistive load) 240W (24VDC)