The NEXUS-NERO has three buttons which can be used to reset the unit, include or exclude NERO devices or pair networked devices over WPS.
THE RESET BUTTON
The reset button requires a pin or sharp object to be pressed and has two functions:
- Hold the button pressed for 5-10 seconds to reset the network settings
- Hold the button pressed for over 30 seconds to reset it to factory defaults.
Note: Resetting to factory defaults will only clear the settings from the unit, it will not downgrade the software version on the unit.
THE WPS BUTTON
The WPS button is used to connect networked devices to the NEXUS-NERO controller. Pushing the button activates the WPS pairing functionality, this will time-out in 1 minute.
THE SYNC BUTTON
The Sync button is used to include or exclude NERO devices, and has the following operating modes:
- To include your NERO devices you’ll need to press the Sync button once. The Z-Wave light will blink slowly, once every second to indicate it’s in inclusion mode
- To exclude your NERO devices you’ll need to hold the Sync button pressed for 3 seconds. The Z-Wave light will blink faster, twice every second, to indicate it’s in exclusion mode
- To save the changes after including and excluding click the Sync button 3 times