The setup wizard will automatically lead you to the add devices wizard as you complete it, but you can also select it from the Devices pages anytime.
Ensuring reliable pairing
When pairing a device to your Z-Wave network there are a lot of sensitive messages that are sent between it and the gateway. Many of these messages are very time sensitive and will fail if it takes too long for the messages to process and transmit. This is a key driver of network instability.
To ensure that your mesh builds up reliably and with minimal troubleshooting time we recommend that you plug your gateway in with a long extension lead and carry it around your installation, pairing each device within 1m of the gateway. You can access the gateway UI via the factory IP address over the built in WiFi AP or ethernet port if you can't keep the gateway connected to the network during this process.
Once you have finished pairing return the gateway to the central location (as centred as possible within your mesh) and allow it 10 to 15 minutes to perform network testing and establishment before trying to configure the system (create scenes, install apps, etc.) or control the devices.
Pairing your device
You must pair and manage devices from the My Nero web interface accessible via the My Nero portal. You can not perform these actions from the My Nero app.
- Select Devices from the left-hand menu and then click the Add Device button in the top right.
- The gateway will present you with a list of devices that you can add to your Nero gateway. We recommend always following the wizard for your specific device where possible, however, if you want to pair a device not listed to the Z-Wave mesh you can use the Other NEXUS Devices option.
In theory, any 921.42MHz Z-Wave device should be able to be paired to your Nero gateway, however, the reality is that not all devices will work correctly. Environexus doesn't provide official support for non-Nero devices, however we will try and assist if you raise a ticket with us.
- In the status bar at the top of the screen, you will see when the bridge is in include/add mode. This status bar will also give you the verification when the device has been detected and while it is being configured.
DO NOT try and add another device while this bar is showing activity. You should ensure that the devices you added has been fully configured before proceeding for the best system performance.
- Refer to your device manual for the exact steps to put it into pairing mode. For Nero devices, this information will also be included in the pairing wizard.
- Once the device is detected and local configuration is processed, you can now name the device and add it to a room, or create a new room to add it to.
- Click finish and return to the device page, wait for all messages on your new device to clear before proceeding. We recommend you test your device both from the Nero UI and that changes made on the device (like turning the light on from the switch) are reported back correctly.
Once your device is paired we recommend that you make any configuration changes required. Refer to these directions for how to set parameters and your device manual for the parameters available.