Selecting a trigger
A scene can be controlled in a number of ways, this can be another device, a schedule or manually.
- Device – any device which is connected to the NERO Controller can be trigger can be a scene.
- Schedule – a point of time controls the scene being executed, schedules can be interval, daily, weekly, monthly or once
- Manual – the scene is controlled manually via the smart device app
A Device Trigger means that the scene will be activated when there is a change in a particular device. There is a wide variety of device triggers and these changes between different devices.
- Select DEVICE as a trigger
- Select the trigger device
- Select the trigger event, then click VALIDATE
If required, you can add a restriction to the trigger. Click on the Clock Icon beside the device trigger.
A tickbox will appear, click RESTRICK THE TRIGGER TO CERTAIN TIMES
4. Click DONE
5. Click NEXT STEP to move onto Device Actions
A Schedule Trigger means that the scene will be activated at a particular time.
- Select SCHEDULE as a trigger
- Select the schedule time type:
Interval: Do something every x seconds, minutes, hours, days
Daily: Do something at 7:00 everyday
Weekly: Do something at 7:00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Monthly: Do something at 8:00 on the 1st and 15th of each month
Once: Do something on 5 Mar 2005 at 11:15
NEXUS-NERO is equipped with an astronomical clock allowing for schedules to also be based around sunrise or sunset. These options are:
- Before Sunrise (specified by hours and minutes)
- Before Sunset (specified by hours and minutes)
- After Sunrise (specified by hours and minutes)
- After Sunset (specified by hours and minutes)
- Select the trigger event, then click VALIDATE, then click NEXT STEP to move onto Device Actions
A manual trigger means that the scene will be activated only through control via the app of configuration software
Click NEXT STEP to move onto Device Actions