You can configure your Nero Controller as a Wireless Access Point (WAP) to help you with things like commissioning the system. We do not recommend you use the WAP feature in production as the gateway is not intended to be a WAP for your other devices.
If your Nero gateway is plugged into the home network via Ethernet and that network has DHCP enabled, you will receive an IP address from the host network. If you are connected to the Nero AP without a host network available, you will need to set a static IP address.
- Select the Settings tab, then Net & WiFi.
- Select Manually Configure from the list of options.
- Scroll down to the section for Wireless settings.
- Ensure “Wi-Fi On” is YES and “Broadcast SSID” is YES.
- The value for the channel can be left as default.
- The SSID can be edited if you wish to edit the displayed Wi-Fi network name.
- You can also edit/show the password here if you wish to change it from the default.
- Click Save and Apply.