The NERO-TEMP sensor can be attached to most of the NERO in-wall devices to provide ambient temperature for the area the sensor is exposed to. This includes the Nero Dim, Nero Relay, Nero Dual Relay, Nero Dry, and Nero Blind.
RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK! This device should only be installed by a qualified electrician and with appropriate precautions taken to ensure that power is not present during installation. The temperature sensor is not galvanically separated from the input and can run high in rare circumstances.
- Before the installation, disconnect the power supply.
- Connect the module according to the electrical diagram.
- Connect the Nero Temp to the TS terminal of your Nero device.
- Continue the steps for your appropriate device.
The Nero Temp must be connected to the TS terminals on the module before it is powered up and paired to a bridge
If you are adding the sensor to an existing module you will need to first unpair the module from the bridge and then power it down before connecting the sensor.
Once you have paired the in-wall device as normal you will notice a new sensor added in the same room called _Temperature Sensor. This will show you the temperature from the Nero Temp connected to that module. You can click the arrow to rename the sensor to something more relevant, such as "Lounge Temperature".
For instructions entering parameters, see this help article. Parameters must be entered into the parent device, not into the temperature device itself. For example, if you have a Nero Temp connected to a Nero Dim you would set the below parameters in the dimmers settings.
Parameter no. 110 - Temperature sensor offset
Sets the offset value of the actual measured temperature of the sensor which is reported back to the controller.
Available settings (Data type: 2 Byte DEC)
- [DEFAULT] 32536 - Offset 0ºC
- 1-100 - Value divided by 10 in ºC added to the measurement, e.g., 1 = 0.1°C, 100 = 10°C
- 1001-1100 - Value divided by 10 (excluding the leading 1) in ºC removed from the measurement, e.g., 1001 = -0.1°C, 1100 = -10°C
Parameter no. 120 - Temperature reporting
Sets what amount of change is required in the sensed temperature before sending a new report to the controller.
Setting this parameter too low can cause your wireless mesh to become busy and cause commands to not be sent or received correctly. We recommend not setting this parameter lower than 5.
Available settings (Data type: 1 Byte DEC)
- [DEFAULT] 5 - 0.5ºC
- 1-127 - Value divided by 10 in ºC, e.g., 1 = 0.1°C, 127 = 12.7°C
- Temperature sensor doesn't show up when pairing the device with the Nero Gateway
Ensure that you have unpaired and powered down the module before adding the Nero Temp sensor to the in-wall device. The sensor will not be discovered if the module was powered up when the sensor was plugged in.
- Temperatures shown in the Nero interface are not accurate
Ensure that you have installed the sensor in a suitable location to detect the ambient temperature of the room you wish to measure. Do not hang the sensor inside the wall cavity or in the ceiling space as this will only give you the temperature inside the wall or ceiling which will be substantially different to the room.