If a device on your Nexus Network fails but is a member of scenes, replacing it with a newly paired device can mean hours of work editing all of your scenes to get your system back up and running. Instead of pairing a new device it is possible to pair a new device of the same type so that it replaces the old one in scenes and on the dashboard.
NOTE: Once you have replaced the old device do not power it back up in vicinity of the network. The new device has the ID of the old device and duplicate IDs can have unintended consequences.
Be patient while following the steps below as the interface will not give you feedback of the process.
- Power down and disconnect the failed device. If it is battery powered, remove the batteries. Ensure that this device does not get powered up again in this network.
- In the Nero interface go to Devices and then click the green arrow next to the device to enter it's settings page.
- Click on Advanced in the list below the device control section.
- Click on the Commands tab and then on Replace Device.
- Power up the new device and then press the button as normal to include the device.
- Wait at least 60 seconds before returning to the devices page.
- Go back to the device list and test turning the replacement device on and off. It should respond in place of the existing module. Test a scene the old module was a part of to ensure that the process has completed correctly.