We recommend that all NEXUS OS users upgrade to NERO OS before the end of 2018 as we will be discontinuing active support for the supporting systems then and can not guarantee access after that point. If you have any trouble or questions please click "Submit a Request" and we'll be glad to help you out.
Your NEXUS-BRIDGE can be upgraded to NERO OS to gain new features and support for all NERO devices. Once upgraded your gateway will gain access to all new software features of NERO OS, however if you also want to gain access to the hardware features you will need to purchase a NEXUS-NERO gateway to replace your current unit.
If you are using Environexus Pro or have integration with a third party system such as Push, Crestron, or C-bus consult your installer before proceeding to ensure you do not lose operation between the systems.
Always take a backup before proceeding. You can not downgrade from NERO OS to NEXUS OS once the process is complete.
Key points about the upgrade
- We recommend that the upgrade process be carried out by a licensed and registered Environexus installer only.
- You will need to create a new account for My Nero to continue remotely accessing your gateway.
- If you are using Environexus Pro, you will need to remove and re-add your controller. Select the NERO option. Refer to the articles in the Mobile Apps section for help with this.
- Not all apps are compatible with NERO OS, after the upgrade you will need to update any apps you have installed and may be required to remove others.
DO NOT perform this process remotely. We recommend only upgrading a gateway that you are on the same network as!
Performing the upgrade
- Connect to your NEXUS-BRIDGE and select SETUP and then select FIRMWARE.
- Copy and paste the following URL into the firmed labeled URL for NEXUS-BRIDGE custom firmware: and click Download. This download will take a few minutes but may take longer depending on your internet connection. Do not close the page or navigate away while it is downloading.
- When prompted, select SAVE BACKUP, this will save your current configuration in case there is an issue with the upgrade.
- From the drop down list select KEEP MY CURRENT SETTINGS AND CONFIGURATION and then click START UPGRADE. This process will take approximately 15 minutes. Do not disconnect power or ethernet, close the page, or navigate away while it is installing.
- When it is finished the gateway will reboot and you will be prompted to refresh your browser. Allow about 5 to 10 minutes for the gateway to fully boot before trying to connect. (You will see a timeout if the gateway isn't ready to connect yet).
- Click LOGIN in the menu bar or navigate to https://mynero.environexus.com.au/. If you already have an account, log in now, if not click I HAVE A NEW CONTROLLER TO SETUP! and follow the wizard.
We recommend you set a new username and password on your My Nero account to the one you have on your NEXUS account to prevent any confusion when logging in.
- After pairing the controller with your new account you will get the new gateway wizard, go through the steps and ensure that all information is correct. Remember that you will also need to create new accounts for any sub-accounts you had on your NEXUS account.
- In Environexus Pro you will need to remove the entry for your gateway and create a new one, select NERO as the gateway type and using your new account if you want remote access to work. You can find out more about working with Environexus Pro in the Mobile Apps section.
- You may also want to download the My Nero app which can control your gateway and includes new features such as Geofence triggers for running actions when you arrive and depart.