Please only install this plugin if you are experiencing feedback issues or if a support representative has asked you to. If you are not experiencing feedback issues we recommend not including this plugin.
What is the issue?
Some dimmers are reporting a level other than 0 after they are turned off via the UI (web or mobile apps) which causes their real state (off) and their UI state (on at a random percentage) to be our of sync with each other, causing user confusion.
What causes the mismatch?
When you turn the dimmer off from the UI it reports several times as it ramps down. The gateway is not always identifying the last report (off) and so thinks the dimmer is still on even though the energy report is 0.
If you have a lot of dimmers on your site we have implemented a solution for the feedback issue that will automate the individual resolution listed below. Always test the performance of your network after implementing this plugin to ensure that it does not cause excessive reporting traffic to slow it down.
- Go to Apps and then Develop Apps
- Paste the code below into the Test LUUP Code box, ensuring that the " and ' marks are straight.
os.execute ('curl "localhost/port_3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=9176&Version=37334"')
- Click Go below the box, a confirmation dialogue should appear after a moment or so to confirm it worked.
- Go to My Apps and confirm the Nero Dimmer Fix is listed as shown below.
If you are only seeing this issue on one or two devices we recommend this simple fix that will check the device status a few seconds after it is turned off, correcting the UI display. You can create one scene for all devices or one per device. If you have more than 5 devices exhibiting issues we recommend splitting the scenes up to reduce the number of network messages.
Log into your gateway via the web interface, locally or via https://mynero.environexus.com.au/.
If you need help configuring scenes please refer to the create a scene walkthrough.
- Identify which devices are reporting incorrectly
- Go to Scenes and click Add scene
- Set the triggers:
- Select all dimmers that are showing the incorrect status
- Set the trigger type as "device turns off"
- Prepare the actions:
- Select any device and set it to any state. We will change this in the advanced editor next
- From step 3 click on Advanced Editor in the option list
- Delete any entries in the editor so that it is an empty list
- Click Add first action
- Click the pencil next to Immediately and set the delay to 5 seconds
- Select the dimmer from the first drop down list
- After a moment the second drop down will populate. Scroll down to urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1 and select Poll
- Click Add next to the drop down menus
- Repeat for every dimmer for you are experiencing reporting issues with
- Click Done
- Name your scene and save as normal