The Philips Hue plugin is developed by a community contributor. Environexus will provide support where possible but can not guarantee fixes or changes to the plugin.
Philips Hue produces a wide range of colourful light solutions. Once your Philips Hue lights are working on your home network and in their own app, you can connect them to Nero to make them a part of your whole home automation solution.
Install the Philips Hue app
Ensure you have your Philips Hue system working fully from the Philips Hue app before proceeding with these steps.
There are several Philips Hue apps in the community app store. We recommend using the one highlighted below as it has significantly better performance and is regularly updated by the creator.
- Connect to your Nero controller via the web browser. This process can not be completed from the mobile apps.
- Navigate to Apps and then Install Apps.
- Search for 'Hue' in the search bar. 3 similar apps will show up, click on the one highlighted below.
- Install the plugin and wait until the dialogue says it is now safe to exit this screen. Do no exist this screen or close the browser window until you see this message.
Connect Nero to Philips Hue
- Once you have installed the app, it will create a new device called Philips Hue Plugin. Click the green arrow next to this device to load the device page.
- Click on the Configure tab in the top grey bar. If this isn't appearing, refresh your browser to ensure that the widget has fully loaded correctly in your view.
- The plugin will begin looking for your Philips Hue bridge on your network. Click Pair with Bridge and then press the button on top of the bridge to allow it to be connected to.
If it doesn't work you may need to manually enter the IP address in the Manually Configure Field, click Save IP address and then follow the pair bridge steps again. You can find the current IP address on the bridge settings page in the Hue app.
- Once it is paired you will see a green status bar on the Configure page and the plugin will create a Nero device for each device connected to your Hue bridge. You can now assign them to their appropriate rooms.